The Pillow

Admittedly, I'm not that good but that doesn't stop me from dabbling in poetry. I write poems when I'm inspired as well as when I'm melancholic. I heard this first in a Bon Jovi song and I don't know who originally said this but I agree: the poet needs the pain. Really.

The poem below was written last June 20, 2015. A dear friend of mine was going through some stuff and I wrote this for her:


The Pillow

In a quiet little room
A pillow heard a cry
It made the pillow wonder
What, and how, and why

How can such a pretty miss
Be lonely and so sad
"Did something happened?
Maybe! I think it was bad"

Though the words don't come out
The pillow felt her pain
If only it can do something
To let her not feel hurt again

"Cry your heart out, miss
Let me catch your tears
Though no one is listening
Rest assure, I hear"

"I have no hands to hold you
But, miss, hug me anyways
Let my tender form carry
The burdens you feel each day"

There will come a time when tears will stop flowing
Hurts will be healed and pain will have its ending
The smile on the miss' heart will return someday
Never leaving again, oh, I can only pray

Comments